It’s back!!! Popular Pop-up Picnic Returns on August 26, 2023
(Birmingham, AL) – Get ready for the fourth year of Le Dîner en Blanc! The all white picnic will soon
pop-up in Birmingham on Saturday, August 26, 2023. Over the course of the evening, guests will
experience the beauty and value of one the city’s public spaces by participating in the unexpected.
Guests find out the secret location on the day of the event. More than 1500 people participated in 2022
and the number is expected to increase in 2023.
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a
worldwide epicurean phenomenon. What began as a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown
into an international sensation in over 80 cities in 30 countries. While the technology behind the event
has changed over the years, the principles have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the
sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful locations.
“Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance and community. This is one of Destination
Birmingham’s many efforts to produce memorable yet multicultural events within the city,” says Jasmine
Allen, host of Le Dîner en Blanc - Birmingham, who has been working in the events industry for more
than 15 years.
To maintain its uniqueness as well as staying true to tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe
certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
● To participate: guests must be invited via the hosts’ network, participating partners or get on
the waiting list via the official website at register.dinerenblanc.com/birmingham.
● Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather
conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
● Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality and creativity are encouraged as long as it is
stylish and tasteful.
● Table setting: all white!
● As per Jefferson Country, alcohol laws/regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol.
Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through Le Dîner en
Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
● To ensure that the location is kept a secret until the last minute, guests meet at the assigned
departure location and are escorted by Le Dîner en Blanc volunteers.
● In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave
with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
● A table, two (white) chairs, white tablecloth.
● A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
● An option to pre-order food, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for
those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to do so must
reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
For full details on the rules and regulations, please visit the official website at
birmingham.dinerenblanc.com. Tickets go on sale July 18th.
About Dîner en Blanc International
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for
developing this secret posh picnic in over 80 cities in 30 countries around the world. Each event is
headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their
city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info, photos y videos of Dîner en Blanc events from
around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.